Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Weather What?!?!?!?

Okay, so riddle me this? How in the world was I driving around Northern Virginia, last week, with the top down on my convertible and this week I have my winter coat back on? It's like Mother Nature was saying, hey kids, I know you got hit really bad last year with this terrible winter storm so I'm going to throw you a bone. But this bone is going to be a very tiny one that you can't really touch, but rather admire from a very, very, VERY far distance. Have I mentioned that I hate winter, because I do.

Considering that I don't have anything earth shattering to report, allow me a few moments to catch you up on the latest in this girls life.....

DOG DAY CARE: Had a great idea for a name, The Scooby Shack, which immediately got squashed because an IP lawyer just knew I would get sued by Hannah Barbarra. However, my confusion lies not in the fact that I would get sued, because God knows I don't want too, but in the fact that upon Googling the name, I come up with at least three other businesses with the same name. If those names aren't trademarked, how will I be the one being sued? One friend of mine suggests that I literally call HB to find out if I could use the name, which I'm toying with because I REALLY like the name. Other than that, I have decided to move the business to Long Beach due to the massive amounts of dogs and people in the area. I've done the math and shockingly the cost of doing business in Long Beach, CA vs. Southlake, TX is very similar. I thought I was going to lose my shirt, but it looks like everything is coming together.

COOKING: I'm so excited to report that I started cooking from my Rachel Ray cookbook again. I'm also proud to say that the two recipes that I made in a week; Florentine Meatballs and Fajita Burgers were both amazing. I'm still toying with the idea of taking the Julie and Julia blog concept of talking about each of the recipes I make from her, but I honestly don't want to challenge my good friend Rachel. Stayed tuned for next weeks Paella burgers. I have no idea how they will come out, but I love Paella and I love burgers, so I feel like it can't fail.

WEIGHT: I'm going to call complete BS on the whole P90x concept. Although it's been 6 months from me leaving North Carolina, I have lost a total of 12 pounds, on my own! I work out when I want to. Basically eat what I want to, in moderation, and don't have some alien life form, also known as Tony Horton, screaming at me to keep it up. I will admit that I was a sucker for the system and if it worked for you, than congratulations, I just don't want someone telling me I have to workout every day and eating only specific foods that will cost me way more at the grocery store. Wow, what a great life coach I would be :o) Don't listen to those other guys kids, just do what I say and you'll get the results you want :o)

VEGAS: I will only mention this briefly. Yes, I will be going to Vegas on an over-night trip on Thursday. This is to attend a job interview/company retreat with a new company who is courting me. I will talk more about this later, but I do believe there are some people who deserve the respect to hear this news from me directly instead of reading it on a blog that "somehow" made it to their attention. Not that I haven't learned first hand how my blog could be taken out of context and come back to bite me in the ass or anything....but I digress.

THE BACHELOR: Okay yes, I am watching this season again, and ONLY because the hottest contestant that has ever graced the screen of my television has made a repeat performance. The girls have done anything but disappoint me on this journey either. I know how invested I am in a show when I'm yelling at the screen every time that Brad didn't vote Michelle off. Even though the ending of last weeks show was ruined for me, I continued to see the sweet justice prevail. A question was asked of me if I would ever want to be on that show and the short answer is no. I would NEVER ever, EVER want to date the same guy as 20 other women. At least with me knowing about it. I have a hard enough time when someone doesn't answer their texts right away and I immediately jump to the conclusion that he's on some sort of date. Could you imagine my crazy ass on that show knowing that my subject of desire is off gallivanting with some other slut doing God knows what, while I sit at our Whoretel with the other rejects of the night. Yeah, I just don't think it would work out for me.

So, wish me luck on Thursday, even though I know I won't really need it. I hope to at least have some crazy stories from that trip for you guys....Man, my life is a little boring lately. I need to spice it up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment