Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Blogdate

Here's what I figure...If I post at least once a week, that should catch all my "followers" up on the happenings of my life. Considering that I'm about 75% convinced that the only people reading this blog are my old friends in Winston Salem who need to know what is going on in my life without actually having to pick up the phone....ohhh burn :o) So, let me try and put a little bow on some of the things I've left hanging out there.

MY CAR: I somehow think I'm just a glutton for punishment because instead of letting the whole thing go and just waiting until I figure out where I'm going to live for the rest of my life, I went into the Jeep dealership on Friday night. I believe what my actions are called is insane. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. I really thought that going to a different dealership that sold cheaper priced cars would give me a better shot. Little did I take into account that the last time I went car shopping was 2010 and now it's 2011. That makes my car one year older and according to the dealership, worth $3,000 less than it was a month ago. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. One months time, which is apparently scaled in dog years decreases the value of things. It took everything I had not to throw something at these people. Not only does Kelley Blue Book still value my car at $19,000 in excellent condition, which it is, but these guys are throwing out numbers in the $14,000 range. I know I don't know much about cars, but I do know this isn't right. So, after that life lesson and being hit over the head AGAIN, I've decided to scrap the whole getting a new car thing and stick with the one I love. Worse case scenario, I drive it out to California, where they appreciate the kind of car I drive and get something new out there. I'm sure I'm going to get more bang for my buck in a place that has a lot of sunshine.

MY BUSINESS: After my meeting with the local SBA, I had been given some homework to essentially re-do my entire business plan to show investors and not bankers. You know, since I don't have any collateral. And for three weeks, I've really been trying. But to change something you had been working on for 3 months in three weeks to "dumb it down" is next to impossible. I poured my blood sweat and tears into this thing and even though my grammar isn't perfect, it's exactly what I want to show. The people that I want to approach will know me anyway and know what I'm trying to do. But, then this morning I woke up with what I thought might be the greatest idea of all time. Bear with me on this. At the day care that I currently work at we house foster dogs that don't have a home they can go to. My thought is, why not create a daycare/boarding facility for those dogs? We could have a trainer on site to help with them each day. I feel that most dogs that aren't adopted aren't because they don't have the proper training, but my facility would take care of that. We would keep no more than 25 dogs at a time and rotate them as they are adopted. We can host adoption days and now take those animals that are currently in shelters, essentially on borrowed time anyway and give them a shot. We could partner with a local vet clinic and make sure that all these animals are kept up to date with all vaccinations and neutering obligations. Now, I understand that what I'm trying to create would be a non-profit organization. But, when it comes right down to it, if someone doesn't take care of the animals, where will they go? I feel very strongly that this could work. I just need someone else to believe in this as well.

DIET: We all know how hard I was working on P90x right? Well, ever since moving home, I've lost 10 pounds from just eating better and working out. I feel great! I don't know if less stress has anything to do with it, or not being around food all the time, but it's been awesome! I have 5 more pounds to go before I hit my goal weight, but to be honest, if I don't get to it, I think I'll be okay. Just changing my eating habits and feeling better about everything is payoff enough.

Well, I think that about sums up my week. With Pebble Beach right around the corner, I'm sure to have some better stories soon.

Yours in blogging

Kg

No comments:

Post a Comment