Monday, March 14, 2011

My big girl pants

After much deliberation and thought, and considering my dad is out of the office this week, I decided to take on the task of doing my taxes myself. For the longest time I honestly thought I was going to have to enlist the help of Mr. H & R block. Although, in the past, I've always been able to do my taxes myself, this year opened up the possibility of disastrous results. You see, over one years time, I've worked in three states and claimed over $700 in non-reimbursed monies, so I was a little concerned that I wouldn't get it right. I mean, I know that Turbo Tax is good, but I never thought little ole me would figure the damn thing out. I don't know what's happened between this year and last, but some one over at the Turbo Tax offices has made it idiot proof. I'm not even sure that I'm going to have to get an accountant next year if they keep this up. The one complaint I will make, because usually I have to make at least one, is that you should charge people $36 in order to file their state taxes. It's the only thing I'm really waiting on, to be honest. I mean, I have to file 3 state tax forms and one of the states I'm only getting $10 back and in another I actually owe money. Not for nothing, but I'm not sure I'm down with paying $108 for money that I'm not entirely sure it's worth it. I'll pay my taxes, don't you worry about that, but not for $36. I'm going to have a find a loop hole in that one. Oh, and another piece of advice, make sure you read the fine print before agreeing to deduct your Turbo Tax cost from your return. They like to throw in a little "gotcha" by also charging you some bank fee of an additional $29. They make it look like all they are doing is charging you the same amount of money as the use of their system, when in all honesty it's additional. Any other day you would have gotten me, Turbo Tax, but I'm on my game today! Take that government and your stupid confusing taxes. If someone as computer illiterate as I am can do their federal taxes in one hour, there might not be any stopping me. First the IRS, then THE WORLD!!!!!!

Muhuhahahahahhahahah

Big drinking week this week. I'm sure to have plenty of stories of tomfoolery and highjinx later!

No comments:

Post a Comment