Monday, October 18, 2010

F U BCS

Just a warning, if you are NOT a college football fan, you should probably not read this entry. All I'm going to do is rant about the rankings that were posted last night and you really won't care so, go ahead and stop if you want.

So, okay, you get used to a few things being a TCU fan. You get used to people claiming that you're not really that good of a football team because you play in the Mountain West. Or that you really don't play anyone non-conference. But, let's get real people. I understand that the SEC is a powerhouse of a football conference, I'll give that to you. But you have to be kidding me with what went on last night. I understand that this is the first ranking that has been released all season, but let's get a few things straight, shall we. Allow me to start from the back and work my way up.

Not only did Virginia Tech loose its first two games of the season but that second loss was to JMU. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! It's like when Michigan was put back up in the standings after loosing to App State. And App State is an EXTREMELY reputable football program, JMU is not. JMU is a joke. JMU might actually loose to VMI and considering that my father went to VMI, I know how bad of a loss that would be. I'm sorry BCS and everyone reading that is an ACC fan, but the ACC SUCKS at football. For some reason the BCS believes that Tech is WAY better, every year than it actually is. It's almost like a nail in my football coffin.

And then there is Arkansas. Where your only two losses were to Alabama and Auburn, but you are a kick ass football team. You actually almost beat Alabama and you're still on the bottom. In sweet justice, I almost hope that Auburn looses the rest of their football games and you move ahead of them. I'm rooting for you pig sooey and I really hate your stupid state.

TEXAS?!?!?! Really? You beat Nebraska, which is the ONLY reason that you're on this stupid poll in the first place. I want you to fade into oblivion and never come back. You got that?! There is only room for one Texas team on this list and you're not it. You've had your moment in the sun and now it's time to move on.

Florida State, when you win a game that anyone gives a shit about, let me know.

Wisconsin. NICE WIN on Saturday. Without you, TCU would not be where they are today. I do not forget the people that got us where we are. I just don't know how long you're going to last.

Funny how yet another Mountain West team makes it into the top 10. If we're such a shitty conference with bad teams, why not just throw us by the wayside? Why put both Utah and TCU in there? Just throw the baby out with the bath water. Oh wait, that's right Utah beat Alabama a few years ago. SEC what?!?!?!

I don't really have anything bad to say about Michigan State, the first ninjas on the board. My entire extended family went there and I root for them normally. But here's a warning to my family members, if TCU and State end up in a bowl game together, watch out! We will not be friends and if Grandma is not wearing half purple, the shower will be NOTHING.

And now we have reached the point in which my blood will start to boil and I will start to edit my language. Dear Auburn, LSU, and Alabama fans. You know who you are and normally, I like you guys. But, one of you is going to have to loose, twice. So, don't get too comfy up there. And, as much as I LOVE my Auburn friends, for the next couple of weeks, we're not really going to be talking. I'm kind of salty you took our spot on the list, but I know that two men will enter and only one will come out. But again, I know you guys have a kick ass conference, I just want to move up.

I can't really complain about where we are on the list. We'll still get a pretty good bowl game if we stay where we are. Sure, we have a better record than the top three teams, and yes, we have beaten the number one team and they all cried, but who's really counting that? That's right, NO ONE. Don't worry about the fact that TCU hasn't lost a regular season game in 19 games. That's right, we haven't lost a game since November 6th, 2008. Which was the same year we beat Stanford. It's just kind of weird when people say we don't play anyone and then we have a history of beating the teams that are on the list. Crazy. I wonder when we're going to get good?

So while we're at it, let's talk about Oregon. UCLA guys, you know I love ya. NOTHING but love for you, but your conference is not what it used to be. This year just isn't the same year for you. So why is Oregon getting so much love. You beat Washington State last weekend? I could go on the field and beat those guys. Okay yes, you blew Stanford out of the water, who still got a #9 ranking (go figure), but really? You better be ready for UCLA this upcoming weekend. Speaking of ninjas, these guys go on the field and you never know what's going to come out. You just gotta be on your toes. But I'm not trying to help you because I have no earthly idea why you are ranked so high. If someone could explain that to me, that would be great.

Which brings us to the number one ninja of 2010. OU. I'm speechless. I'm really without words. I root for you because I HATE Texas. You don't even really bother with the top 5 at all, you just immediately go straight to number 1? Who let you do that? You have had some squeaker games as I have never seen before this year. The reason Boise and TCU have to blow these teams out of the water is because you are only loosing by 4 points. I really don't know what to say. I'm hurt, I'm baffled, I'm really beyond words.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a little pissed off about the complete and total bullshit that the BCS poll has provided. I'm really less irritated at where TCU is and more irritated at what you've given so many others. The second any AQ team looses, we're out. We have no shot. You've stacked the chips against us and allowed conferences like the ACC to feel like they know how to play football right now. Again, I mean no offence to my friends who are reading this and attend, or are fans, of any of the above Universities, but you have to agree how bogus this entire thing is. I'm not asking for a playoff because that is unfair to the players. I'm simply asking for these voters to look at the teams playing and who they're playing and how much they win by. Maybe instead of selling us short you would see just how hard we've been working to get where we are. I mean, would you have put America's Sweetheart Gary Patterson on your show last night if you didn't care about him? Think about what you're doing to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment