Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm in Miami, trick

Okay, I'm really not, but for some reason I can't get that little catchy phrase out of my head, so I'll have to type it out and welcome you all to my world. Once again, I would love to have an excuse for why I didn't post something yesterday, but I just don't have one. Starting up your own business is hard work. I wasn't entirely sure everything that goes into it, but I've spent more time in front of my computer researching facts I never thought I would actually need. I've never in my life put together a business plan, but when you are going to have to ask for money from people, I've heard it helps to get your facts together. But let me go ahead and say straight off the bat, that I am very thankful, once again for my friends. Without them I don't think this process would be where it is today. Currently, I have about 3 relator's, looking for space for me, all recommended by friends or friends of friends. I also have a great person helping me design a logo and hopefully another good friend helping me with some research and once my business plan is together, an uncle that is a financial planner who can get the rest of it done for me. Normally all this would probably cost a person a few grand, but somehow all the moving parts are falling into place. And at a rate I wasn't exactly expecting either. So, if I seem a little distracted and not so much focused on the blog or blabbing on more than usual, you'll know why. I'm excited though. I couldn't even sleep last night b/c I was decorating this place in my head. It's amazing what you think you can get done when you don't even really have all the money to do it yet. I will, most definitely, keep you posted on the progress though. It's a wicked scary ride, but I hope at the end of it it's going to be worth it.

In other news, my step mom's jewelry website launched last week and I'm really proud of what she's done. She's been working so hard and everything looks so amazing. I would love to get you ladies hooked on some of the stuff. You can't order off the website yet, but if you tell me what you're interested in, I can make it so. She'll also do custom orders with the colors you want. So please, take a look at her website and tell me how much you love it! www.whimsywearableart.com. We're also having a unveiling party this Saturday, so all of you in the area, stop on by between the hours of 2 and 4. And for those of you not in the area, come up this weekend! It'll give you a great excuse to get out of the house.

On that note I must bid you all adieu. Southlake, Texas isn't going to research itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment