Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Retirement

I honestly thought that quitting work would mean that I would be quitting work. I never expected that my father would have me set an alarm to be at his office by 9 am yesterday morning. You would have thought that I went to bed at 7:30 am, the way I felt all day yesterday. I was slumping around and dragging. It wasn't like I was out there taming lions either. I was simply putting things together for an auction and golf tournament. At 4 pm, after doing what felt like days of grueling slave labor on the computer, I walked into my dads office and told him I was leaving. I guess the good thing about working for free is that you can make your own hours. However, although I felt like I should workout once I got home, I just couldn't. Even though besides typing on the computer the only other thing I ended up doing was shoving everything eatable that I could into my pie hole. I tried everything in me to motivate myself to workout, but it just didn't work. I mean, who could avoid a brand new bed with a feather top mattress cover? So, I did what anyone is my position would do. Lay in a heap on that princess bed and watch Gossip Girl for two hours. I wanted to sleep, but I also knew that if I fell asleep, the rest of the night might be a waste for me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, in big cities we are allowed to go out on school nights. There was just no way I could turn down the chance to see a concert and hang out with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in forever. Here's where the story gets a little interesting. As I'm driving to meet my friend for dinner, I see one of my people on the side of the road. A gentlemen in a Cowboys jersey. Two things one must understand about this story. The first is that it is a sin to be a Cowboys fan in DC or a Redskins fan in TX. I have lived a majority of my life in the Nations Capital and not one day of that life have I spent rooting for the Skins. And to top it off, I HATE skins fans. Now, that being said, I love my friends. Some of them have terrible faults in being Redskins fans, but there are two days a year in which we are not friends. Those two days are the days that the Redskins play the Cowboys. I just think that Redskins fans are bandwagon fans and not true to their team. When their team sucks, they bad mouth them and find a substitute team to route for, but when they are good, holy crap, it's like the second coming. People start coming out of the woodwork. It's like if the Redskins won the lottery and the fans are the leaches that start calling you out of the blue to see if you could spare some cash. I just don't have anything nice to say about Redskins fans.
The second, almost more interesting part of this story is that the guy was wearing a Jason Witten jersey. Okay, I HEART Jason Witten. Want to marry Jason Witten, if he weren't already married. I wouldn't buy a jersey with his name on it, but the most peculiar point of this jersey wearer was that he was black. I am in no way saying that wearing jerseys is a black or white issue, but I almost got into an accident craning my neck to make sure I saw what I saw. I have honestly NEVER in my life seen anyone besides redneck crackas wearing white guy player jerseys. I mean, I have a whole issue with people that wear jerseys anyway and I feel that unless you are playing the game yourself, 10 years old or younger, or wearing a kick ass Troy Aikman jersey, as a girl, should you wear a jersey. And please God, under no circumstance should that jersey be pink, bedazzled, or have YOUR name on the back. But I just found it so odd the particular jersey that that man had on. I feel like he was almost making two death wishes on one bike ride.
Okay, back to work, my boss can be such a jerk sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment