Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I wanna be a super hero!

Don't ask me why, but last night I couldn't stop thinking about being a super hero. I guess as I was jotting a few notes down in my "feelings journal", the particular desire of having a super human power just overwhelmed me. I can't even remember how, in particular, it came up. I guess whatever topic I was focusing on last night just took me to a place of nerds and wonderment. It's either that or it's the constant reoccurring thought of the guy in True Life, that I watched this weekend, who wore a Batman belt buckle. Why? Well because it's his favorite super hero that doesn't actually have a super power, duh. Although D&D will be a virgin until he's 47, he does have a point. One in which I never even thought of until I saw that episode. Those who live in glass houses, right? However, I think I'm just skirting the issue as I'm sure you guys are all sitting there saying to yourselves, 'wait a minute, did she just write that she has a feelings journal'? all the while I'm sitting here trying to point out the guy in the Batman belt, but yes, I have started keeping a private journal in addition to this public display of sporadic embarrassment. I mean, a girl has to have some secrets! It's not like she can tell you all about the random guy she saw at Harris Teeter and thought he might be the guy to have her babies with without a good 80% of you either approaching me about said mystery guy, or telling others about this said guy, but I digress. And no, there isn't a Harris Teeter guy, I didn't see anyone at the grocery store yesterday. But back to the task at hand, so this journal is a really helpful tool that I've been using lately and it does give me topics upon which to write. Last night's episode, although I the only thing I do remember is writing about Norman, lead me down the cartoon super highway. This feeling of super heroness was so strong that I actually sat there and drew a picture of myself as this said super hero. First, for those of you laughing, I do have a hidden talent and can draw so it didn't just look like Dick and Jane become strong. But if you would be so kind as to allow me a few more moments of your time to describe what I look like as this amazing character. 1. Totally hot chick, killer body, obvi. 2. Uniform: mid thigh cobalt blue trench coat, open with wide cuffs and collar. Long sleeve, button down white shirt whose cuffs go over the trench. Rolled boyfriend jeans from Lucky Brand (just bought them this weekend, totally love them). Killer strappy black wedge sandals. Weapon of choice: dagger. And have a shield for protection. Super power: (and I swear I am not making this up) The ability to allow people's BS to just fly right over me. In my cartoon I'm holding the shield up while these flames are shooting out of my enemy. Last night said enemy was Norman. These flames are the words of BS and hatefulness. I think in my subconscious, I am finally allowing myself to stop getting caught up in all the gossip and the drama and just allowing these things to go over my head. Or at least that's what I'm interpreting from my drawing. Don't get me wrong, on ANY given day, I would love the ability to fly or transform into basically anything, I do also think that Spider Man remains the greatest super hero ever, but I also think I might have made a breakthrough in my progress last night. If I want to take this a step further, the only thing that would bring this amazing person full circle was if I had her break into to song in which lulled my enemies to sleep. I'm totally convinced that the dagger is just for show. Anyone that knows me knows that I would cut my competition in half with words before any violence was even considered. I know my limits. Hell, this is a super hero constructed after a girl whose muscles are the sizes of chick peas, and most importantly, that's a lover, not a fighter. I guess the lesson here is, if you see me wandering around life with this outfit on, chances are good that I'm probably not going to stab you, but more than likely I'm not going to listen to you either :) There's my signal, I gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment