Tuesday, June 1, 2010

T-storms, and wine fests and cupcakes, oh my!

What a weekend! There is so much to report on so I'm going to get right to it.

Friday: HOOOOOOOLY CRAP! If God is trying to tell the people of Clemmons something, they should have gotten the hint on Friday. Short of a tornado, I don't think I've ever lived to talk about a storm so bad. It was my day for Campbell duty, so I head on over to the casa de Ealy to let Scout and Campbell play around. Oh, Campbell is a dog, in case you didn't figure that one out. That's kind of the first thing I should have mentioned I guess. I figured that I had about 2 hours before I needed to head to Charlotte to pick Kristen up from the airport, so there was plenty of time. When I got to the house, the sky was bluish, the birds were chirping and the dogs were romping. Within minutes of me walking to the front to check on the mail, giant rain drops were dive bombing from the sky. I felt like small Alice when it started raining on her. Apparently Campbell is not a big thunderstorm fan and since dogs can sense things way before people, she started going nuts. Scout has absolutely no issues with storms and think they are annoying when she's trying to sleep, but even she was playing off of Campbell's energy. So we move the party inside. I sit down and am still thinking to myself that I have plenty of time to run home, drop Scout off, grab something to eat and head out. Mother nature had some other plans. So as I turn on the television and pet Campbell, wondering why she's so clingy I think to myself, where is that cat? I had gone upstairs to see if Frank (cat) was up there, no sign. Look all over downstairs, no sign. Then I thought, perhaps if I feed him, he'll come out. Small issue, no food left out. Yikes. I now do the inventory on what has surfaced in the past 5 minutes. I have two dogs going bananas, one missing cat, and no cat food and the thunderstorm has now turned into intermittent hail. And to top it off, the satellite has gone out, so if there was a tornado coming through, there is no way of knowing b/c that contact to the outside world is gone. So I pick up the phone and start to text Laura, owner of house. Where is cat food? Then I text Nicole, cat owner. If I were a cat, where would I keep my food? As I'm doing this, there is a HUGE crack of thunder and lightening which lit up the entire house. Okay, time to sit down b/c now I'm scared. So I gather the dogs around me, open the blinds to watch the world ending. The wind is blowing so hard it's like sheets of rain. The hail is the size of my head and pelting down on the roof. I can see the neighbors standing at their doors watching this storm go by as well. As I'm making up stories in my head of what these other people have going on in their houses, the Auburn flag that is NAILED into the side of their house goes flying by. GULP. Now this is getting serious. I get up to check the back of the house, just out of curiosity, and their gutter is blowing in the wind. Rain and hail are falling down like it's coming out of a bucket. Inventory check. Dogs still going nuts, I now have no cell service, still no satellite, no food, but found the cat. I'm not sure if I'm moving in the right direction or not, but now it's getting closer to 8 and I need to leave soon. So, when there is a break in the action, I grab the puppies, make them pee one more time and pray that neither of them get hit by lightning, or the gutter. Success is made and we should have empty bladders for the rest of the night. Now I have to make sure everyone is tucked in for the night. Who goes first? Well, I had to put Scout in the car, so the cat would make it out from underneath the couch. I put Campbell in her crate and lock it. Lure Frank out from under the couch with treats, pick him up, bring him to his tree while he's wiggling the whole time. Close the door and head to the car...right when my phone rings. It's Kristen, her flight is cancelled and she won't be able to make it out here until Sunday. I'm thinking my night is going pretty bad, but it could be worse. I head into my neighborhood to find the first two trees on the drive split in half by lightening. Turn the corner onto my street in and in the middle is a giant tree. Thank God this is not in my front yard and if it was, thank God again that Scout is with me. I turn around and head the other way down my street and on the other side, another tree is down. I can make my way around this one and tuck my car safely into the garage. I feel like I don't want to leave again for a very long time. I'm mentally exhausted. I could sleep for 2 years after this night. And that was just Friday night.
Saturday: Wine festival day. This day I look forward too for the whole year. It's an amazing day. All the ladies gather at my house at 10:30 to share in bagels and juice and sangria. It's supposed to be cloudy and raining, but this is further proof that God is either a woman or loves himself some wine. We find a great spot in the shade, set our supplies down and have ourselves a great time. Kristen has tried to re-book her flight for 5:30 that day, but of course b/c of the terrible weather we're supposed to have it gets pushed back again. What does this mean? It means we can have ourselves a little more wine. It never gets out of control, it never gets too hot, it's just the most perfect wine festival. There is even a tent with cheesecake samples. CHEESECAKE SAMPLES! It's like it couldn't be more perfect if it tried. Just as things were dying down and we were talking about heading out, I decided to get up to go get myself some slices to go. As I'm standing in line, I notice that next to the Cheesecake tent is a palm and tarot card reader. I've always wanted to go to this lady and there was a line, so I thought, why not. I sat myself down and got ready to be amazed. I believe in a few things and this is one. I don't think people can be so spot on with so many things and be hokie. You really do have to believe to pay the money though. Now, I'm not going to change my life over what she says or anything, but since she was so right about so many things, her voice will be constantly be in the back of my mind. I don't know if it's good luck or changes the outcome of my future or not, but I don't think sharing what I learned from her so publicly would be a good move. So, I will share in person, but not electronically. All I will say is that the babies room will be green or yellow b/c I want to be surprised.
Monday: FREE CUPCAKE DAY!!! I didn't think or know such a day existed. There are two things in life that I love the most, to eat. Cupcakes and Cheesecake. And to think I got both for free this weekend, make my head almost explode. I also found more khaki pants that fit and some button down white shirts. It's like yesterday was made for me. AND on top of it, I actually worked out. And then got up this morning and did it again. After my proclamation on Sunday that I just didn't want to do it anymore b/c I don't think my body has changed at all. I just really wanted to eat that cupcake and the only way I was going to do it was if I worked out. I'm proud of myself too.

Upon numerous requests, I think I am going to stick less to P90x talk and more on just the haps of my life. Starting Sunday I will try and keep a daily journal on my trip at Pebble Beach. I will try to include pictures and try and Bogart a video camera somewhere too. I just think that documenting this occasion and sharing it with you all will make it 10x more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment