Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cince de Mayo

Most every year this happens to be one of my favorite holidays. Who doesn't love the smell of fajitas and the delicious taste of margaritas on your lips? Living in Texas was the life! Every Cinco de Mayo we would head over to Pappasito's and take up space outside on a picnic table and drink ourselves silly on margaritas. We'd even get to take home the glass! Oh, those were the days. But now, living in NC, it seems like it's taken what I've grown to love and turned it on me. It's almost like the UT of Mexican food. Like depending on who they're playing, or what your comparing it to, you want to hate it, but hold out hope that it's going to be good. But, it just never is. I'm telling you, if you've ever eaten NC Mexican, it will certainly taint your opinion of what real TexMex should taste like. I mean, they don't even call it queso, it's cheese dip!!! CHEESE DIP! So now here's the dilemma. Do you go out and celebrate your favorite drinking holiday in the world but know that you're not drinking b/c you are testing yourself to see if you can make it to the wine festival? Or do you go home and make fajitas and watch La Bamba and think of the good ole days? To some of you, this might seem like a no brainer, but to those of you who know how deeply I despise NC Mexican food, you know what a challenge this is for me. There are three tequila bottles sitting on my desk. Three FULL tequila bottles. Sure they're airplane bottles, but it's still the same alcohol, just in mini Katherine form. There is plenty for three drinks. Oh the torment, the pressure, the decisions!

BTW, I took pictures this morning of the 30 day "change" and considering that I'm back near my starting weight, you can only imagine how much those pictures don't look much different than what I started with. It's a little bit of a bummer, which is why I might be leaning more towards drinking this evening. So, the bottom line is that you will not be seeing these pictures as I will not be showing the growing public what we're working with. I just hope that in the near future I get a double take in that bikini I'll be rocking in a few weeks and someone else will notice my changes. Damn you Cookout milkshake! Why do you tempt me so?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment