Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There are good ideas......

And then there is what I witnessed last night. I'm on my way to softball when I was stopped by something I don't think I've been stopped by in Winston Salem, ever. A moving train. I'm on my merry way, following the directions from Mapquest when I notice break lights in front of me. Thinking that this can't really be happening and this train couldn't be that long, and where did it come from, and where is it going? And is it mine? Is this my train?!?!?!? Am I finally at the right place? Yes, I thought of all these things, I had time. Then it stopped. Stopped where I could see the caboose. Stopped where I contemplated, could my car take that jump? And then I witnessed something where I had to scratch my head. A lady, on her cell phone, in the front of the line of cars, directly next to the train track, which had a big giant train on it, tried to turn around. My mouth was agape. I couldn't actually believe that she was making this move. I could see her on the phone too. I'm assuming her boo piece was yelling at her to get her sweet cheeks home stat and didn't believe there was a train in front of her. Maybe he was on fire. Maybe the house was on fire. Maybe he was out of beer. There could be no other good explanation as to why you would remain on the phone while a giant steel engine was in front of you. So I waited it out for a little bit as car by car turned around. Eventually after sitting there for what seemed like eternity, I did turn around, but I wasn't on the phone and I wasn't next to the train. Sometimes I do wonder what people think is so important that they have to talk during times they could easily just call back. I know I'm just as guilty for doing it, but isn't admitting you have a problem, starting the solution?

I wish I had a p90x review for you all today. After a lengthy discussion last night about snooze alarms, I had the mother of all snoozes. Alarm went off at 6 and I was so comfy and sleepy in bed that just stayed there for another "hour". I literally turned into 2 of the 7 dwarfs in a matter of moments. Grumpy and Sleepy arrived around 7:15 when I finally put my feet on the floor. I had to do something to stop the barking. I'm working on becoming all 7 of the dwarfs today, however some of them would be a huge stretch in becoming. Perhaps I'll work on being a Smurf or Care Bear or My Little Pony instead. One of them has to be obtainable somehow. That might be easier. Wow, even talking about childhood cartoons is bringing me closer to Happy. So, now we've got three, this is going so well! If there is a grocery store smurf or errand running smurf, I'll be all over that in an hour! Oh yeah, the Smurfs totally have it made. check it out! http://bluebuddies.com/help/smurf_names_and_list_of_the_smurfs.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment