Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last Dance :o(

Right now we are approaching t-minus 2.5 hours left in mini vacation. It's been a nice little getaway for the past few days and of course it's sunny and warm right now. The first day was awesome! Sunny and warm and we were able to lay out most of the day. Well, until our little massage angel showed up and elevated our Saturday to heaven. The rest of the time has truly been very relaxing, but chilly. Looks have been very deceiving. We would sit in the great room and look out the window to blue sky's and sunshine, but you went out there and the wind could literally cut right through you like a knife. One day I decided to get a little brave and head out to read for a little while. It was so nice until that wind came and I couldn't get inside fast enough. And I've already mentioned the dogs. It's been crazy. When it's feeding time you would think these two were lions in a cage going after raw meat. I've never seen anything like it. But of course, we finally figured it out with hours left to go. Well, at least we'll know for next time. Scout, eats outside, anyone else has to go in a secret hiding place where she doesn't know where they are. And she doesn't even eat! She's so picky you'd think she had an eating disorder. Who trains this girl anyway....

But what ending to a vacation would not be complete without a little Tony Horton. I think everyone should have a little Tony in their lives. And as I did my workout from hell (Plyometrics) so many things shot through my head. How does this guy talk while he's instructing? I'm standing there with my hands on my knees, sucking wind and he's cracking jokes. No hint of tiredness until about three quarters of the way through he's breathing a little deep and throws the big guy into the mix. Actually dropping the Hey Zeus, correcting himself and then saying Jeepers. Tony, no one has said the word Jeepers since 1925, let alone a grown man getting me as close to death as humanly possibly. Say what we're all thinking. Say what you did the first, oh I don't know, 6 times that you did this. Say, holy shit! What in the world am I doing?!?!?! If I did this every day for 10 days, I would probably loose 100 pounds. Make me believe that you are real and not a robot. B/c I'm on day 37, have done this particular workout 5 times and it still isn't getting easier. I'm dripping with sweat, my head is covered and you're acting like it's a stroll through the park. Now, it does make me hold out hope that if this guy can do that and look the way he is, I still have MILES to go before this thing gets to where I need it. But lets get real Tony, say what you're thinking, b/c the rest of us that are doing the exercise have already said way worse to you out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment