Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Slacker

I know it's late in the day and I haven't done any blogging yet. However, I haven't been a total slacker, well with personal stuff at least. I've been really busy. I mean it's hard work shuffling papers from one pile to another and making people believe that you're really busy. It's really the fake telephone calls that are the toughest. You have to sit there and basically have a conversation with yourself. But hey, who hasn't done that? I'm kidding of course. This work stuff is getting in the way of the task at hand. Between work sessions I've been looking for khaki pants and white button down shirts all morning. That and trying to find a rental car that isn't going to cost me one of these and one of these, an arm and a leg. (I don't know if the commercial that I'm referencing is nationwide, b/c if not, no one got that joke outside of the 336 area code) The khaki pant mission seems easy enough, but is totally deceitful. I mean what kind of pants do you get? Do you get chinos that could wrinkle? Do you spend more than $20 on a pair of pants that you're going to have possibly three pairs of and wear once? Do you go to JCrew, Banana, Loft, Target? These are all serious questions. It's not like I'm going to work at Bubba's Bait and Tackle Shop and Mini Golf Course. This is Pebble Beach! I mean Justin Timberlake plays here! Tony Romo is going to be there! My future husband/pay check could be there! I can't just look like anyone. I have to stand out in these khaki pants. We head off to Walmart, at lunch, to get a better idea of what I'm looking at. Maybe a little cost comparison since the JCrew/Banana/LOFT shopping didn't go over well. I'm looking all over the women's department and not a khaki pant to be found. It was like Spring came and threw up all over the place. News flash Walmart, most of your shoppers SHOULD be wearing long pants. Might want to give them a little variety, or hints. Whatever you want to call them. At the same time, I'm kind of glad Walmart didn't have any though b/c I can't imagine standing around with a bunch of bizilionares with my $4 pants that were on the clearance rack. The whole time I would be thinking, do you know how little these pants cost? No, I mean really, do you know how much these pants cost?! So after finding a carpet runner, (DAMN YOU SCOUT!) we head over to Target. Yes, I know some of you might think that there is no difference in the two, but trust me, I would much rather walk around in Target clothes than Walmart. It's just something in the air in Target that I think makes it better. It's brighter and it just smells better. But I digress. Back to the task at hand. Upon raking through the turnstiles of clothes all through this department store it was as if a beacon of light came straight through the ceiling and landed on an entire rack of pants. It was exactly what I needed. The only down side was they only had one pair. I hop on over to the dressing room. Slip those bad boys on and walla! We're in business. Okay, so one pair of pants down, I have one pair at my house already, so all we need is one more pair and I think I'll be set for the week. On to shirts...Searching, searching, searching. Nothing. Being warmer doesn't help the long sleeve shirt process. I've checked the cheapest stores in town with no success. I think it's going to be a stop at the Gap outlet on our trip home next week. Gotta keep hope alive that something will be there! If not, I'll be taking donations in Virginia for a two day shirt drive.

I know this whole blog was supposed to be dedicated to P90x and I also know that all week long I haven't done one single entry on it. It's not that I'm not working out, b/c I am. It is my recovery week though and I've taken it upon myself to mix it up a bit. I haven't woken up at 6 all week and have been very disciplined at working out after work. Today's activity, another 45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm just feeling really down about this whole thing. I just don't feel like I'm making any progress, at least anything noticeable. Maybe I need to rethink going back to the gym and get a trainer. I've mentioned this before, but it might be time. I miss workout buddies, I miss having someone to push me and make me go to the gym with them. Maybe after I figure out what the hell is going on after June 22nd, I can make a decision one way or the other. In the meantime, I'll keep eating out at Mario's and upping my time on the cardio machines in order to feel better about what I'm doing. Or I could take the cowards way out and get some lunchtime lipo. I will say, I do feel a little better after seeing some of those after pictures. It appears that some people want their after body to look like my before. I guess beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment