Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Big 3-0

No, it's not my 30th birthday today, we passed that milestone years ago, but it is a pivotal moment in the P90x process. This morning we reached day 30, month one, of our total body experiment experience. Although I had a few rough weeks where I thought that nothing was happening, all I had to do was take the advice of other P90xers and give it some time. It's not something that's going to happen overnight, and it didn't. I am proud to announce that as of this morning, we are only one pound over where we started, which means that we have lost 3.5 from where we were a few weeks ago. I have yet to do the measurements, which I will be doing tonight, but I feel great. Had my yearly physical yesterday and due to the diet changes, my doctor has informed me that all my numbers are right on track which is not information I could have revealed a year ago. Not that I wasn't eating healthy, but I wasn't eating great either. I wasn't taking enough care and consideration as to what that serving of pasta was really doing to my body. But today, I'm feeling good. Even though I crave it almost daily, I don't want to go to Mr. Lu's and get those steamed dumplings and pork lo mien. I think my body would reject it. And I think I would have lost more weight this weekend had I not eaten about 12,000 Doritos and drunken about 1 million beers and a hamburger AND hot dog. I would like to claim that the chips and meat were eaten after the first 100 beers were consumed. What is a girl to do when playing lawn/beer Olympics? (SIDE NOTE: I highly encourage everyone to create their own local lawn/beer Olympics, b/c it is a great way to get to know new people and have a great time outside)


So, we're onto Phase Two and so far so good. After taking last week "easy" getting back into the Plyometrics was no easy feat. I'm still waiting for any takers on my challenge too. But the new lifting exercises are great. I haven't had to use the pesky pull-up bar for anything than ducking into my bathroom. But hey, my ultimate goal is to be able to do one full pull up without assistance before this thing is over, so I've got 60 more days to get that done. And just for the record, I'm not getting my chin any closer to that bar.

One more update before I go. The dog toy science experiment was going well until yesterday when Scout ripped through Todd's head to get to his squeaker. The good news is, he doesn't have any stuffing, but he now doesn't have a squeaker either. Indestructible toy length 17 days. I'm keeping that sucker though. Until it begins to be consumed, it's still viable in my book. Poor little Todd. He's fox by the way, and if any of you can guess the reference in which I named the toy after, there's a big muscley hug in your future!

No comments:

Post a Comment