Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An apology to my softball team

I must admit, this morning I am struggling a little bit. I'm not what some would call a "morning person". I don't like to get out of bed until it is absolutely necessary. Last night, after feeling my heart break over finding out who got kicked off of Project Runway last week, (don't worry, I won't spoil it for those of you who watch and are behind) I climbed into bed around 9:30. No joke. Of course I did watch a little 90210 to lull myself to sleep, but don't worry folks, Donna Martin has not graduated yet. She's making money on the stock market.

Anywho, alarm rings at 6 am. I "hop" out of bed and start today's edition of "what are you doing to your body so early in the morning". H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P! Plyometretics?! It's like a standard cardio workout on crack. Turbo has you hoping and leaping and jumping and yes, there is a difference in all of those act ivies, I learned this morning. The only break I had besides the :30 water breaks was when Scout had to go out to potty. I've never been more happy to have a dog in my life. I was almost encouraging her to go out as much as she wanted. Oh another break? Don't mind if I do. Now I've taken some body pump classes in my life and some spin classes and this exercise this morning was a mixture of cardio hell mixed with football drills. Me no likey working that hard THAT early in the morning.

Needless to say I made my first shake this morning b/c I wasn't sure that anything solid would stay down. I'm telling you, it was that intense. Then I decided that today was a good day for an egg white omelet, only none of my pans were clean, awesome. So, I run to the bagel store. I tell this story b/c I'm a little confused. I hate eggs. I mean, I really hate eggs, but I'm okay with egg whites. I'm weird, I know. But I walk in wanting an egg white omelet on a bagel. Yes, I am also this hungry. On the menu states there is a spinach and cheddar omelet. Perfect. It sounds healthy and has my first dose of veggies. "Yes, I would like your spinach and cheddar omelet with egg whites please". "yeah we don't have that. You can have egg whites or the spinach and cheddar you can't have both"


Zoinks Scoob! Riddle me that? Why...I mean how can you not...this place is dump! So I got my egg white and cheese on a whole wheat bagel and headed off to work.
So in short, I apologize to my softball team if tonight I either can't move my legs b/c they have gone and fallen asleep on me or I, myself, fall asleep on the bench from waking up so damn early. Needless to say, there will be no beer for this lady tonight.
Yours in fist pumping....

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I told you Plyo DID NOT BELONG in the first week! It should be the very last workout that you ever do in P90X, like the graduation workout or something.

    ReplyDelete