Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Note to Mother Nature

Make up your mind, will ya? It's almost May and this morning I could still see my breath. I had to wear a jacket to work b/c I had short sleeves on and that just wouldn't do. It's shouldn't still be 46 degrees. It shouldn't still be snowing in Vermont. I shouldn't haven't to turn on the Today show to see what the weather will be like so that I can dress accordingly. I live in the South. Not quiet the dirty, dirty, but the South. It should be sundress season. (Yes boys, we know what that is) I should be wearing shirts with no sleeves. Shorts on the weekends and enjoy walking outside in the morning. Instead I'm putting my Uggs, sweat pants, and a sweat shirt on and begging Scout to put down the stick and pee for Christ sake. So, Mother Nature, if you're reading, we'd all like it to warm up a bit. I'm not talking melt your face off Houston in August hot, but a little spring before summer hits in a few weeks would be nice.

No P90x update since yesterday. I'm running after work. It's a bit boring, but it'll get the job done. I'm sure there will be a story in there somewhere. So instead I'll leave you with a British word of the day. It's been a while since I've done that. The word is cack. It might sound like a lady from Michigan trying to describe the mascot from South Carolina and might be used in a similar fashion. The word is meant to mean rubbish. To use in a sentence, "what a load of cack". Could also be used to describe someone talking nonsense.

I think this one is definitely getting moved into my vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment